TRAVELING FROM THE USA TO THE BAHAMAS :
The Government has postponed the Rapid Antigen Tests at the Port of Entry and will require the test on the 5th day of stay at this time.
- The Government intends to remove the “Vacation-in-Place” (VIP) protocols beginning November 1, 2020.
- All persons traveling to the Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to travel.
Important to note – Day One is the actual test date. Please bring a hard copy of your negative test result and approved Travel Health Visa with you for airline check-in.
- Children 10 years and younger are exempt from testing. However, you still must apply for a Travel Health Visa for them.
- All Travelers will be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
- For the duration of the visit, Visitors will complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
- Beginning November 14th, Trip Interruption Health Insurance will be mandatory. This will be included in the cost of the Health Travel Visa.
- There will be a cost applied for the Health Travel Visa. The fees are inclusive of the Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test when applicable as well as mandatory Trip Interruption Health Insurance.
$40 – Visitors Staying up to four nights and five days
$40 – Citizens and Returning Residents
$60 – Visitors staying more than four nights
FREE – Children 10 and Under
- If visitors stay beyond 4 nights and 5 days, a Rapid Antigen Test will be required.
- This test will be available on property
- The wearing of masks and social distancing guidelines remain in effect.
***If assistance is needed through the Health Visa process, please contact the Health Visa Compliance Team***
TRAVELING FROM THE BAHAMAS TO THE USA: Effective January 26, 2021
All Travelers, two (2) years of age or older, returning to the US from the Bahamas will be required to produce a negative Rapid Antigen Test no more than three days prior to travel.
The current Travel Health Visa is being updated to include your departure rapid antigen test, which can be obtained at Tiamo Resort.
All Air passengers will be required to upload their negative Rapid Antigen Test results 48 hours prior to their departure flight back to the US.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this fluid situation. All of us at Tiamo Resorts look forward to making your next Out Island experience the most memorable one yet!
Stay Tuned for Updates!