TRAVELING FROM THE USA TO THE BAHAMAS :
The Government has postponed the Rapid Antigen Tests at the Port of Entry and will require the test on the 5th day of stay at this time.
- The Government intends to remove the “Vacation-in-Place” (VIP) protocols beginning November 1, 2020.
- All persons traveling to the Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to travel.
Important to note – Day One is the actual test date. Please bring a hard copy of your negative test result and approved Travel Health Visa with you for airline check-in.
- Children 10 years and younger are exempt from testing. However, you still must apply for a Travel Health Visa for them.
- All Travelers will be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
- For the duration of the visit, Visitors will complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
- Beginning November 14th, Trip Interruption Health Insurance will be mandatory. This will be included in the cost of the Health Travel Visa.
- There will be a cost applied for the Health Travel Visa. The fees are inclusive of the Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test when applicable as well as mandatory Trip Interruption Health Insurance.
$40 – Visitors Staying up to four nights and five days
$40 – Citizens and Returning Residents
$60 – Visitors staying more than four nights
FREE – Children 10 and Under
- If visitors stay beyond 4 nights and 5 days, a Rapid Antigen Test will be required.
- This test will be available on property
- The wearing of masks and social distancing guidelines remain in effect.
***If assistance is needed through the Health Visa process, please contact the Health Visa Compliance Team***
CDC US RE-ENTRY TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
What are the CDC travel requirements for re-entry to the United States? Effective January 26, 2021, U.S citizens and international travelers ages 2 years and older returning to the United States are required to present a negative Rapid Antigen or COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
The negative COVID-19 test must be taken within three days (72 hours) of departure and presented pre-departure at the airport.
Airlines must deny passengers boarding if they do not provide a negative COVID-19 test result or show proof of a recent positive viral test.
Visitors returning to the United States may use the Day 5 Bahamas government-mandated Rapid Antigen negative test Bahamas Health Visa Travel) result to re-enter the U.S. as long as their departure date is on the 6th, 7th, or 8th day of their stay and test results are negative.
For individuals returning to the United States From South Andros Airport, Tiamo Resort will provide a total of two (2) free Rapid Antigen Tests per room. A minimum night stay is not required.
Rapid Antigen test cost: $20 (Free of charge for up to two registered guests return travel to the United States for reservations booked starting February 1st, 2021)
For individuals returning to the United States From Nassau International Airport (NAS), Tiamo Resort will not provide the Second Rapid Antigen Tests because all Major Commercial airline, American Air, United Air, Delta Air, and another company request the Rapide Antigen Test Made From the CLINIC, available in Nassau International Airport (coast $ 50)
More Informations on DCD webpage
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this fluid situation. All of us at Tiamo Resorts look forward to making your next Out Island experience the most memorable one yet!
Stay Tuned for Updates!